My third attempt on 18th century stays. Made of silk (outer layer), linen (three inner layers), cotton bias, silk - and cotton thread and boned with cable ties.
I wasn't happy with the fit of the red pair (and I hated the purple), so I made me a new pair. These are really comfortable and I like the silhouette they give me. (What I don't like is the horrible binding! Please ignore that! To bind stays are boring and I'm not good at that at all.)
I used a pattern (but made them fully boned instead of half) in Corsets and crinolines by Norah Waugh.
Enjoy them (or not)!
Purple pair (oldest): [link]
Red pair: [link]